Friday, February 24, 2012

Keep section of report the same size

I need to keep a section of a report the same size. I have now a table with a detail and group section. The table header must print on every page and the table footer must print on every page. The detail section can only be 16 rows. When I have more than 16 rows the report page breaks perfectly and puts the remaining rows on the next page along with repeating the header and footer. The problem is when there are fewer than 16 rows the table does not take up the full page and looks horrible. All my displayed data is in the data set. I have looked at padding the dataset with bogus rows that would show up at the end and just not display but would rather take care of this on the report end. Any ideas?

Thanks, Chad

Hve you tried placing the table in a rectangle control and setting it's size? I believe it can grow if it needs to and uses the defined size as it's minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment