Friday, March 30, 2012

KPI Aggregation

I am new to using SQL 2005 Analysis Services and am spinning my wheels with something which is seemingly very basic. I have a view which already aggregates data into a comparison for the current month (i.e. Projected Sales, Actual Sales, Type of Sale). When I attempt to use the KPIs to simply use indicators to show which goals have been met, I'm only able to compare the grand totals of all sales and not break it down by specific Sale Type (which the table already does). How can I set things up so that the KPIs will keep the aggregations based on Sale Type instead of combining everything?

Thanks in advance!

Could you provide a more complete picture of your scenario? You mentioned a view (presumably relational?) and KPI's, but what kind of AS 2005 cube do you have in between - and does it have a "Sale Type" dimension? And are the KPI's created in the cube, or defined only in a client tool, like Proclarity or Business Scorecard Manager?|||Thanks for your reply...I have created a relational view which does all the aggregation I need. However, I haven't been able to create the "sale type" dimension successfully, it seems as though it's not a possible option even though this data is clearly pulled in the data source view. I am trying to create the KPIs directly in the cube and not using any client tools.|||So I think that the 1st step you need to take is to create a "Sale Type" dimension for the cube - you can then use it to slice cube data and KPI's by. What problems are preventing you from doing this?

No comments:

Post a Comment