Friday, March 30, 2012

KPI Goals from dimension attributes.

Hi,

Currently I'm busy creating a Cube and I'd like to use dimension attributes as goals in my KPI's. I'm creating a cube that has facts that are related to agreements. In the agreements dimension I've stored the goals that are defind within the actual agreements with the customers. So when creating a KPI I'd like to use those goals from the dimension.

I've tried something like this: [Agreement].[Norm Percentage].CURRENTMEMBER as my Goal Expression, but it's not working as expected.

Really hope that one of you can explain me how to do it.

Thanks in advance,

The .CurrentMember function will return a member, what you should be looking at is using the .MemberValue function

eg.

[Agreement].[Norm Percentage].MemberValue

The thing you will need to think about is what you what to see when multiple or All "Norm Percentages" are in context. I don't know enough about your data to know if an average would make sense, but If it did, something like the following may be a more robust expression.

AVG(EXISTING [Agreement].[Norm Percentage].[Norm Percentage], [Aggrement].[Norm Percentage].MemberValue)

|||

Darren thanks for your reply.

I've tested you're solution and it is looking better then what I got the first time. But unfortunately the averages are not what I expected.

I'll look into it today. So I'll post a new reply at the end the day with my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment