Friday, March 30, 2012

KPI for each member of a dimension

All the examples I have seen have set KPI's against all the data in the cube. Is it possible to do this for each member of a dimension?

Specifically, I have an application which carries out calculations for a series of 'what if' scenarios. For each Scenario I have a warning level and a trigger level. These levels are held as attrbutes for the Scenario dimension.

It seems to me that I could create a report that calculates the values for each dimension via an MDX query, but I think this should be a calculated member somewhere but I'm at a loss as to the best way to do this.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how best to approach this?


Looking into this further I think I can use the cube calculation tab to add a calculated member to the dimension. Am trying this now... watch this space...

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment